Shape instances scatters back to polymesh

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Splin
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 09:17

Shape instances scatters back to polymesh

Post by Splin » 06 Oct 2011, 13:14

Hello,

I am banging my head with this issue I can not figure out.

I am trying to build a fir tree. I scattered the branches to tree trunk. Now I have issues:

*as I try to scatter the tree with branches to my base ground, branches do not apper on instanced mesh. I guess since my scattered branches are in a empty point cloud and I would need to convert them to polymesh at first...somehow?

*currently I have same issue with branches and barbs. When I scatter barbs to branches and try to scatter the branches with barbs to the tree trunk, barbs dissapear.

Thanks!

Splin
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 09:17

Re: Shape instances scatters back to polymesh

Post by Splin » 07 Oct 2011, 14:50

Pointcloud deInstance script by Jules Stevenson helped me out!