Referenced model problem

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
mirkoj
Posts: 205
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:26
Skype: mirko-jankovic

Referenced model problem

Post by mirkoj » 27 Jul 2009, 12:37

Hey people I've got weird problem.
I made copy of one project frmo work and brought it home to work on it.
And there is one referenced model with animation there.
So when I got it home ntuarly I had to browse for enw location of that referenced model and everything worked fined, continued working on half done animtion and finished it.
BUT now when I got it back to work, and tried same thing to load scene and browse again for taht asme model but on diferent location, import starts and then everything just freze and nothing is imported, I have to kill XSI process.
Now, I tried to import that model alone into scene and it works perfectly imported ina sec, but when I try to import it back into my animated scene it halts
Any idea what to do about that?
I mean I can finish it back at home but I'm wondering what has gone wrong?

Thanks!

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: Referenced model problem

Post by Diurno » 27 Jul 2009, 13:11

in which format do you export the model?

mirkoj
Posts: 205
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:26
Skype: mirko-jankovic

Re: Referenced model problem

Post by mirkoj » 27 Jul 2009, 13:54

it is XSI .emdl file.
In any case, Eric from XSIbase helped me.
Just needed to edit .scntoc file to point at .emdl file location on work and verything worked prefectly.
Still not sure why that didn't work when I used browse at model from inside XSI... but now it is ok.