AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

AI Apply ThicknessAuthor: MJD Boukhari @ AI Production
A fast thickness compound with support for inner/outer push length, and length subdivisions. No UV preservation. See video (archive) here for usage instructions.

local backup: AI_Apply Thickness.xsicompound

mjd3d
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Sep 2011, 20:31

AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by mjd3d » 13 Sep 2011, 21:43

Hello
I made ​​the work of the thickness of the compound and it is faster than the compound in the site rray.de
Here is the full explanation in this video


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voltaje
Posts: 13
Joined: 14 Jul 2011, 04:59

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Voltaje » 13 Sep 2011, 23:11

This is great¡¡¡ this tool will help a lot when rendering, thanks

Ramon
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 20:47

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Ramon » 14 Sep 2011, 06:15

Just gr8!!!

User avatar
Zybrand
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 07:04
Skype: Zybrand

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Zybrand » 14 Sep 2011, 07:44

Thanks for the compound. very cool!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Sep 2011, 10:22

Very nice. Thanks for sharing! :ymapplause:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
guillaume
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 22:01

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by guillaume » 14 Sep 2011, 10:45

Wow, Very good !
:ymapplause:

scaron
Posts: 119
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by scaron » 15 Sep 2011, 17:45

wow, thats quite a difference in speed! thanks for sharing.

fabilabo
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Jan 2010, 12:13

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by fabilabo » 15 Sep 2011, 19:25

better than the 2012 SAP one ?

TermitaX
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Mar 2011, 02:10

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by TermitaX » 14 Mar 2012, 15:46

hello! I would like Mjd3d know how I can get the icons you have on the main shelf or how I can make :-?

User avatar
TwinSnakes007
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by TwinSnakes007 » 14 Mar 2012, 17:03

Well crap, totally forgot about this compound. I'm gonna have to use this is in some of those mesh polygon animations.

-TS-

User avatar
nbreslow
Posts: 23
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 20:17
Location: New York, NY

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by nbreslow » 15 Mar 2012, 15:09

TermitaX wrote:hello! I would like Mjd3d know how I can get the icons you have on the main shelf or how I can make :-?
I was think the same thing! Nice setup and great compound. :)

-nb

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Pete » 17 Apr 2012, 02:23

Hey this is a really cool compound but for some reason it kills the meshes uvs,
Does anyone know a way to avoid that?

Pete

User avatar
eternal art
Posts: 93
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:48
Location: UAE - Abu Dhabi

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by eternal art » 17 Apr 2012, 06:23

Pete wrote:Hey this is a really cool compound but for some reason it kills the meshes uvs,
Does anyone know a way to avoid that?

Pete
yse it's missing the uv , we miss that for performance reason .
you can duplicate the mesh before applying the thickness and use gator to apply the uv .
I will see if "mjd" can fix this .
3D Supervisor - Production House .

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: AI_Apply Thickness Compound

Post by Pete » 17 Apr 2012, 11:27

Thanks eternal art, I was doing the gator trick but it seems to slow things down a fair amount. I might have to mute the gator till render time or something.