Selecting hard edges?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Selecting hard edges?

Post by gaboraa » 04 Sep 2011, 12:41

Is there any tool or script that can select hard edges? I want to select my hard edges and make them soft. Does anyone have any ideas?

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Selecting hard edges?

Post by rray » 04 Sep 2011, 13:25

Do you mean edges marked "hard" by the user , or edges that are shaded "hard" automatically?
___

for marked edges, there's the "crease edge" filter, for the automatic edges, use rctools
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: Selecting hard edges?

Post by gaboraa » 04 Sep 2011, 16:05

I meant the first one and thanks, I didn't know there is a crease edge filter, that's great to know.
Last edited by gaboraa on 04 Sep 2011, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

Zafar Iqbal
Moderator
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04

Re: Selecting hard edges?

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 04 Sep 2011, 16:21

On the right where you see the arrow icon, object, point etc buttons. There is a tiny button below with a triangle in it. Click it and select your filter.
- Zafar Iqbal

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: Selecting hard edges?

Post by gaboraa » 04 Sep 2011, 16:34

Thanks, I found it