Hi! I want to export .mi but Softimage seems to export only in .mi2. Can't Softimage export to .mi. I want that format for HDR Light Studio. Any help?
Thanks for reading.
Can Softimage render .MI files not .MI2 ?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Can Softimage render .MI files not .MI2 ?
Softimage doesn't support the old version 1.0 mental ray file format.
.mi2 are .mi files that use the mental ray v2.0 file format.
I believe that the makers of HDR Studio is aware of this, and know that they need to update their importer.
.mi2 are .mi files that use the mental ray v2.0 file format.
I believe that the makers of HDR Studio is aware of this, and know that they need to update their importer.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Can Softimage render .MI files not .MI2 ?
Thanks for the information.
Both Maya and Max support the older format, so it would have really helped Softimage users if Softimage could do that too. This is written in HDR Light Studio website
"Save a .MI file from Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Softimage software packages and not only the geometry is loaded into LiveLight, but the camera view is imported too."
I guess they are not aware of the situation. Someone really needs to inform them about this issue.
Both Maya and Max support the older format, so it would have really helped Softimage users if Softimage could do that too. This is written in HDR Light Studio website
"Save a .MI file from Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Softimage software packages and not only the geometry is loaded into LiveLight, but the camera view is imported too."
I guess they are not aware of the situation. Someone really needs to inform them about this issue.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Can Softimage render .MI files not .MI2 ?
did you try renaming the file? The .mi2 file has the replaced .mi format 15 years ago. I doubt a software would be built to use "the older format".
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: Can Softimage render .MI files not .MI2 ?
Hi, I tried that earlier. I renamed the extension and imported it to HDRLight, but it didn't work.
That's why I think they need to be informed. But I doubt they will listen to the complaints of just one person.
That's why I think they need to be informed. But I doubt they will listen to the complaints of just one person.