Portal: No Escape

News concerning 3D DCC business
Paulrus
Posts: 67
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 09:41

Portal: No Escape

Post by Paulrus » 25 Aug 2011, 12:04

Hi Guys -

I posted this to the Softimage list & it's been making the rounds, but in case you haven't seen it:

http://jca.st/portal

I was responsible for the particle work on the gun, gun shots and the portals themselves.

All done in ICE and rendered with emRPC.

Thanks!

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Portal: No Escape

Post by gustavoeb » 25 Aug 2011, 14:07

very nice! I like the ending, although the title gives it away ;)

Great work with the particles! Looks veeery convincing, and prety, to me.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Zafar Iqbal
Moderator
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04

Re: Portal: No Escape

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 25 Aug 2011, 15:09

Aweome. A non-3d related friend gave me a link to the vid and I thought it was well made. Excellent work to all of you.
- Zafar Iqbal

Voltaje
Posts: 13
Joined: 14 Jul 2011, 04:59

Re: Portal: No Escape

Post by Voltaje » 25 Aug 2011, 15:28

If it's posible for you to show a making off of the film? or at least of the Ice particle system? it would be great to see it, awsome work, thanks.

Paulrus
Posts: 67
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 09:41

Re: Portal: No Escape

Post by Paulrus » 25 Aug 2011, 15:31

Thanks!

Yeah, the director is putting together a making-of video and I gave him screen captures of my stuff.

It's really really simple stuff. Just spawning & turbulize nodes.

Thanks!

Paul

User avatar
Memag
Posts: 339
Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
Location: Tits

Re: Portal: No Escape

Post by Memag » 25 Aug 2011, 21:46

Fantastic short!
Congratulations.