I never did any particle sims before. New territory.
For an effect I need to generate particles from an object which are "floating" to the side, like a very strong wind which blows horizontally.
In the first moment the particles should remain in the general form of the object before some turbulence effect takes offer.
I guess so far I could manage somehow on my own to do this.
What struggles my mind currently: The particles are placeholders for small quad polys. The polygons need to inherit the normal direction of the object. Later on their direction may change (turbulence), but first they keep the direction of the surface normal.
1. How do I create a polygon for each particle with this direction?
2. How do I export this "model" to LW/Modo? I expect it to be 100.000 - 500.000 single polygons which are going to be generated.
Cheers
Thomas
Particles to polygons
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Particles to polygons
Ha! I found an example in the Softimage ICE samples directory.
The ICE tree now emits simple polygons with the correct direction. Next thing is to be able to export this , make the particles flow around the emitter while being pushed sidewards by the wind and the bring in some turbulence and a vortex force.
Any advice is still very welcome.
Cheers!
The ICE tree now emits simple polygons with the correct direction. Next thing is to be able to export this , make the particles flow around the emitter while being pushed sidewards by the wind and the bring in some turbulence and a vortex force.
Any advice is still very welcome.
Cheers!
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Particles to polygons
Mmmh...
Tried to export the pointcloud to which the ICE try is connected. "Nothing to export"! I definitely need help here!
Tried to export the pointcloud to which the ICE try is connected. "Nothing to export"! I definitely need help here!