Mouse pointer jumps, Softimage crashes

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Mouse pointer jumps, Softimage crashes

Post by rray » 12 Aug 2011, 14:58

Hi! - I was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

During moving components, I think mostly with proportional mode on , the mouse pointer suddenly jumps to a corner of the screen, most of the time crashing Softimage.

This happens like every 20 minutes or so - and only during modeling, so I assume it can't be mouse HW related.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Looking for a way to repro this so I could report it to support.

Cheers, Ray

__
Moderator edit: moved this to "...& Troubleshooting"
@Ramon - I've moved your post to a separate thread - HB
Last edited by Hirazi Blue on 12 Aug 2011, 18:46, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: edit.. the mouse doesn't actually jump, only the pointer xD
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
kitesflyer
Posts: 23
Joined: 18 Apr 2011, 16:29

Re: Mouse pointer jumps, Softimage crashes

Post by kitesflyer » 16 Aug 2011, 17:26

I had similar problem when my UPS was damaged and I had a fluctuating electricity problem.Sometimes the fluctuation was so subtle that my eyes couldn't follow it but the machine did.