Slice geometry with ICE

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Slice geometry with ICE

Post by SreckoM » 03 Aug 2011, 18:02

I am using Slice node to slice geometry with another one, but I am facing problem when geometry that slice becomes concave.
Image will explain better.

http://screencast.com/t/nP6eZKpffMNo
http://screencast.com/t/aYz082v4RiPb

How to overcome this, any tips?

Moderator edit: please use the URL tags - HB
- H -

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: Slice geometry with ICE

Post by Tekano » 03 Aug 2011, 19:50

Oof! see what you mean, but what slice node? the slice polygon?
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Slice geometry with ICE

Post by SreckoM » 03 Aug 2011, 19:58

Yeah, Slice polygon. Problem is that it creates infinite planes. Right now I am examining Guillaume 'Cut between two vertices' node to see how and if I can implement this. Still learning ICE and ...
- H -

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Slice geometry with ICE

Post by SreckoM » 03 Aug 2011, 20:39

OK I found one possible solution, just to delete vertices that are outside of slicing geometry.
- H -

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: Slice geometry with ICE

Post by Tekano » 04 Aug 2011, 09:58

Yeah I couldnt figure out how you were defining the bounding polygon shape, it looked like you were slicing with some kind of Boolean - because the slice polygon node uses just an infinite plane (a vector point with a normal) and it shouldnt really care if the original geometry is concave or convex?

Im still learning ICE modelling too! :)
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Slice geometry with ICE

Post by SreckoM » 04 Aug 2011, 10:31

- H -