Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this effect a bit more. trying to have an object, a animated human in this case. Covered in ICE particles, then overtime via a noise / fractal map have the particles continue to a basic gravity / wind setup state. Any insight on how to pull that off? it's the usual sandman particle dispersion test that everyone has seen, mostly a max guy here so trying to get my bearings as fast as I can with Softimage.
thank you
particles trigger via gradient
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: particles trigger via gradient
Try using states. In the initial state, particles stick to the surface. Use the map to trigger a state change, and in teh second state apply the wind and gravity.
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: particles trigger via gradient
At timecode 21:40 Mark demos the effect (and its ICE tree) I believe you're looking for:
http://vimeo.com/26408147
http://vimeo.com/26408147
-
timsep
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 22:36
Re: particles trigger via gradient
awesome! thank you both so much.