In your (sur)face!
BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: BSurfaces 1.5
I guess we better not even start hoping like this in SI right?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: BSurfaces 1.5
saw it today, that is stunning..
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
I don't know AD plans.gustavoeb wrote:I guess we better not even start hoping like this in SI right?
Not that Softimage is hard to wield, but I'd sure like to have smart tools like these.
Anyhow, you can buy this ( for the moment) and Blender is free.
Last edited by Memag on 21 Jul 2011, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ramon
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 20:47
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
maya and max develop in different directions and don`t forget new modeling tools. SI many years have old modelling stack and don`t progress! Develop not in simple and handy tools for modelling and Unvraping, ICE modeling is hard for many people.
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
holy crap, a $_$ commercial plugin for blender! 
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
Nice! Write to the developer and see if we can get him to make an SI version! The price he's asking is very reasonable. Even if it was far more for SI I'd be interested.
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
This is a Blender plugin.Ramon wrote:maya and max develop in different directions and don`t forget new modeling tools. SI many years have old modelling stack and don`t progress! Develop not in simple and handy tools for modelling and Unvraping, ICE modeling is hard for many people.
This developer took his own direction.
Just like every SI , Max and Maya plugin developer did.
Ice modeling is powerful but perhaps a bit reserved for procedural approach.It's not hard if you have finished compound.
App comparisons are always interesting, but at the same time excruciating. Max and Maya forgot ICE, Face robot, FX tree...etc.
Ok not the FX tree, it's forgotten by SI as well. Maya and Max have significantly more users, funding and developers so that's to be taken in consideration.
I can bet there are some "we want ICE" waves in those forums. It's normal.Or at least it became a regular rant.
There are no significant modeling plugins written for Softimage , like those for Max (graphite/polyboost, orionflame etc),to be acquired and glued into application.
As for Bsurfaces and it's future $$...

bsurfaces.info
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: BSurfaces 1.5 (Blender)
Looks neat. The lofting of freeform curves is pretty standard (we can do that I think?), but I love how the bridging works. That looks very convenient and quick.