Are (simple) arrays in ICE considered uni dimensional data type and are those 2D like 2x2 matrices?
Is there any way of defining 5+ dimensional data structures? Matrices are 4x4 maximum in ICE.
Arrays
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: Arrays
I think the 2D arrays store a bunch of subarrays and keep track of where each subarray begins and ends.
Let's say you have these five arrays:
You plug all five arrays into the <<Build 2D array>>. If you now want to retrieve the 8 (third row, second column), you do:
<<Select subarray in 2D array>> and specify index 3
The result of that plugs into a <<Select in array>> and specify index 2
Let's say you have these five arrays:
Code: Select all
Array 1: 3 6 5 2 7
Array 2: 1 0 1 4 1
Array 3: 9 8 9 9 9
Array 4: 2 4 2 2 4
Array 5: 6 6 6 0 0<<Select subarray in 2D array>> and specify index 3
The result of that plugs into a <<Select in array>> and specify index 2
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Arrays
OK, thanks.
Anyway, I'll have to refresh my maths and data types&structures about arrays, matrices, vectors as of right now they're spinning around and confusions are bound to happen if I don't settle them down. Like for example a 4x4 matrix is a bi dimensional structure? It can represent coordinates for four dimensions but the structure itself has two (rows and columns), right? I have to revisit some concepts...
I'm so excited as I've just started learning ICE and it's amazing how it empowers you. I hate that I waited so long.
Anyway, I'll have to refresh my maths and data types&structures about arrays, matrices, vectors as of right now they're spinning around and confusions are bound to happen if I don't settle them down. Like for example a 4x4 matrix is a bi dimensional structure? It can represent coordinates for four dimensions but the structure itself has two (rows and columns), right? I have to revisit some concepts...
I'm so excited as I've just started learning ICE and it's amazing how it empowers you. I hate that I waited so long.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides