UV samples to polygon selection?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

UV samples to polygon selection?

Post by gaboraa » 18 Jul 2011, 07:44

Hi all,

Maybe this is a noobish question of the week but things doesn't simple at times:)

As title says how can I convert UV samples to polygon selection? When I select the UV samples in the UV editor, I cannot convert them to polygon selection.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: UV samples to polygon selection?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Jul 2011, 07:49

Not 100% sure, but I think this might be the answer...

In the Texture Editor Preferences:
Turn on "Auto Sync" and set "Sync Method" to "Components" ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: UV samples to polygon selection?

Post by gaboraa » 18 Jul 2011, 07:53

Yes, that's it! Thank you so much :ymapplause:

Ramon
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 20:47

Re: UV samples to polygon selection?

Post by Ramon » 18 Jul 2011, 15:13

can we do edge loop selection in texture editor?

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: UV samples to polygon selection?

Post by gaboraa » 18 Jul 2011, 15:42

As far as I know, no but you always can select your edge loop with standard tools and it will be automatically reflected in the texture editor.