Hi,
is there a way to directly assign UVWs to points? I have my own generated topology and i can't figure how to assign coords without texture projection.It is probably very easy but my google search failed:-)
thanks
jipo
ICE modeling & texture coords
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: ICE modeling & texture coords
Take a look at the factory compound "Set Texture Projection Planar".
If you unplug the sub-tree that is plugged into "Multiply Vector by Matrix", you get a simple XZ planar projection for all your points. If you plug an "SRT to Matrix" into the "Multiply Vector by Matrix", you can rotate the planar projection. Playing with this for a bit should give you an idea of how it works.
If you filter the self.NodePosition, you can assign specific values to each node (remember that every vertex has multiple nodes because UVs can be torn apart even if the vertices are merged).
Also look at the other texture projection factory compounds. I don't think there's much out there yet in terms of explanations.
I've attached the compound I've hacked together for my building generator. The internal logic is probably whack, but it kinda works on beveled cubes and such.

If you unplug the sub-tree that is plugged into "Multiply Vector by Matrix", you get a simple XZ planar projection for all your points. If you plug an "SRT to Matrix" into the "Multiply Vector by Matrix", you can rotate the planar projection. Playing with this for a bit should give you an idea of how it works.
If you filter the self.NodePosition, you can assign specific values to each node (remember that every vertex has multiple nodes because UVs can be torn apart even if the vertices are merged).
Also look at the other texture projection factory compounds. I don't think there's much out there yet in terms of explanations.
I've attached the compound I've hacked together for my building generator. The internal logic is probably whack, but it kinda works on beveled cubes and such.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jipo
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 07:23
Re: ICE modeling & texture coords
thanks a lot, i am going to test it,it looks promising 
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: ICE modeling & texture coords
And to clarify further, you don't actually need a texture projection. You can specify any per-point or per-polynode 3D vector attribute as the projection to use in the Image shader.
More info: http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d28e297032
More info: http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d28e297032
-
jipo
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 07:23
Re: ICE modeling & texture coords
Well, i tried it today, but there is still one issue. Your compound works, texture is properly mapped, but when i tried to use Texture Map with your Texture_projection_building as a source for colors of particles on the pointcloud (classic GetClosestLocation->GetTextureMapColor->SetParticleColor) it doesn't work. Particles have random color. Everything works if i switch to normal non-ICE projection. It looks that ICE texture projection can't be used in texture map querries, it is valid only outside ICE...
What i am trying to achieve: I have own generated topology,that emits particles from the surface. I need to set particle emission color based on the texture map color on the closest surface. Particle color is correct only when i use nonICE projection.
What i am trying to achieve: I have own generated topology,that emits particles from the surface. I need to set particle emission color based on the texture map color on the closest surface. Particle color is correct only when i use nonICE projection.