Hi there,
I'm probably really stupid and/or blind for not understanding how to do this, but I can't seem to be able to post on the mailing list...
Is this a right you have to be granted by someone from AD since they maintain the list, or is it maybe only accessible to commercial clients and not students?
I'm really at a loss here. I can't seem to find any options for posting or to apply for a full membership.
Sometimes I'd really like to be part of the discussions on there but can't which is kinda frustrating.
So any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks.
SI Mailing List
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SI Mailing List
(Quoted from here)To subscribe:
Send an email to softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com>
subject: subscribe
Then reply to the confirmation email that is sent back to you.
To unsubscribe:
Send an email to softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com>
subject: unsubscribe
Then reply to the confirmation email that is sent back to you.
To subscribe in digest mode:
Send an email to softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com>
subject: subscribe <password> digest
Then reply to the confirmation email that is sent back to you.
(Note: for daily digest mode you need to specify a password when subscribing)
It's a mailing list: you cannot use the Softimage Mailing List Archive to post...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Leo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06
Re: SI Mailing List
Thanks a lot!
I thought you could, because with other google groups you can.
I thought you could, because with other google groups you can.
-
Falam
Re: SI Mailing List
Can you only receive replies that you wrote on the mailing list ? Alot of info goes though that list, can be information overload at times.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: SI Mailing List
best is to either do the subscribe using the digest option , or setting up a email rule to plonk them all to their own folder.Falam wrote:Can you only receive replies that you wrote on the mailing list ? Alot of info goes though that list, can be information overload at times.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: SI Mailing List
I set up a separate gmail account just for the XSI list. I never delete anything and can always go there to search a topic.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: SI Mailing List
Anyone know if the person moderating the subscriptions is away. I just resubbed using my new email and havent heard anything back
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: SI Mailing List
Subscribing doesn't usually require any manual intervention by a moderator.angus_davidson wrote:Anyone know if the person moderating the subscriptions is away. I just resubbed using my new email and havent heard anything back
I just subscribed and I got back a confirmation message immediately.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: SI Mailing List
I Have just got back this
Looks like an issue with our mail server.
Guess I will wait for it to be resent
The message identifier is: 1ULbgZ-0006tN-8d
The subject of the message is: subscribe
The date of the message is: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:57:46 +0000
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com>:
host cluster6a.us.messagelabs.com [85.158.139.103]:
421 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Looks like an issue with our mail server.
Guess I will wait for it to be resent
The message identifier is: 1ULbgZ-0006tN-8d
The subject of the message is: subscribe
The date of the message is: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:57:46 +0000
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<softimage-request@listproc.autodesk.com>:
host cluster6a.us.messagelabs.com [85.158.139.103]:
421 Service Temporarily Unavailable
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: SI Mailing List
I think I'll join.