Strange behavior extrude polygon island / merge topo array

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Strange behavior extrude polygon island / merge topo array

Post by Chris_TC » 28 Jun 2011, 16:44

I stumbled over some very strange ICE behavior, and I wonder whether I just don't understand what's happening here or whether this is some sort of bug.
What's happening is that the extrusion length becomes 0 if you merge the result of extrude polygon island with another topology. But the problem only comes up if the extrude polygon island is the second entry in the topo array. I really don't understand how this is possible. Is I crazy?

Image

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Strange behavior extrude polygon island / merge topo array

Post by grahamef » 28 Jun 2011, 17:36

Looks like a bug. You'll get an extrusion if you increase Nb Subdivs but the last segment always has twice the transformation.

I'll log it if it isn't already known.

Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Re: Strange behavior extrude polygon island / merge topo array

Post by Chris_TC » 28 Jun 2011, 18:00

grahamef wrote:Looks like a bug. You'll get an extrusion if you increase Nb Subdivs but the last segment always has twice the transformation.

I'll log it if it isn't already known.
Okay, thanks for confirming!