Make a compound with "New Value" inputs?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Make a compound with "New Value" inputs?

Post by Chris_TC » 24 Jun 2011, 10:33

I am using a Build Array inside a compound, and I want to be able to add new values from outside the compound. If I expose "Value 1" from the Build Array I only get a single port. I want the "New (Value1)" thing that makes additional ports upon request.

A factory compound with this functionality is for example "Merge Polygon Data". But I don't know how to replicate the behavior.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Make a compound with "New Value" inputs?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Jun 2011, 10:46

Not meant as an RTFM, but because it's pretty well explained there:
Go to the subsection "Defining Multi-Instance Input Ports" of this page in the User's Guide
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Make a compound with "New Value" inputs?

Post by mattmos » 24 Jun 2011, 10:49

Just as an additional note to that page - I found I needed to create 2 instances of the input port and then ICE would add the option to add new connections like you describe.

Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Re: Make a compound with "New Value" inputs?

Post by Chris_TC » 24 Jun 2011, 14:24

Thank you!
I usually go for the manual right away, but I wasn't sure what to search for :ymblushing: