Lagoa survey 2011

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Lagoa survey 2011

Post by Nizar » 22 Jun 2011, 07:02

To day I received a mail from Lagoa Technologies. They start a survey (can win a Mudbox or Maya copy).
Many answers, and some of this is a clear declaration about Lagoa future ("how much you would pay for lagoa upgrade?" and "What is the software you would like to see lagoa as plug in?" ).
So, I think, the lagoa multi physics included in SI is a base release and they want send, separately, an upgrade. Really curios about :)

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lagoa survey 2011

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jun 2011, 08:57

Yes, I saw the mail in my inbox this morning as well. I think we all knew Lagoa would venture out into the world at some point, leaving Softimage behind. And that's a good thing. Even though it probably means the integrated Lagoa in Softimage will not really be updated anymore, like other famous integrated plugins of the past.
Personally I found the survey itself a bit "untidy". Some options missing as potential answers, most importantly the "yes, I would pay for an upgrade, but not between 500 and 1000 dollars, but even less".
And under applications owned I must say I enjoyed the guest appearance of "Truespace".
(And actually I still do own an actual license to this discontinued classic... :D )
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

thiagocosta
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 14:01
Location: Montreal QC

Re: Lagoa survey 2011

Post by thiagocosta » 22 Jun 2011, 17:50

I can assure you that the development of the Softimage version didn't stop for a day since v1.0.

cheers,

-Thiago

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Lagoa survey 2011

Post by EricTRocks » 22 Jun 2011, 17:55

Hey Thiago,

Are you going to be in Vancouver for Siggraph? If so I'll buy you a beer or 5. Seriously.

Also, can you comment on the flexibility of integrating Lagoa Multiphysics in Softimage ICE vs. other apps and how it may be easier in one than the other.
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Lagoa survey 2011

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jun 2011, 18:09

thiagocosta wrote:I can assure you that the development of the Softimage version didn't stop for a day since v1.0.
Great news. I'm very glad I have merely read the signs wrongly... :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!