New plugins, tools etc.
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Post
by Memag » 21 Jun 2011, 16:13
Sculptris is an elegant, powerful and yet easy to use 3D sculpting software,
allowing the artist in you to simply focus on creating amazing 3D artwork.
Gone are the technical and often tedious constraints typically associated with digital art.
Dynamic Tessellation
Automatic subdivision allows for "rough to fine" detail sculpting.
Start with a sphere and let your creativity take control.
Immersive Interface
The straightforward toolbars will allow you to focus on your model without a cluttered workspace.
Navigational Controls
The controls in Sculptris are now similar to those in ZBrush, making it effortless to go between the two applications.
Sculptris Requirements
Sculptris is hardware rendered. More powerful graphics cards will yield a more fluid sculpting experience. Please ensure that your video card drivers are up to date by visiting the chipset manufacturer's website. (NVidia, Intel or AMD/ATI).
Windows
Operating System: Windows XP SP2/Vista/Seven.
Processor: 1Ghz Pentium 4 and above (or compatible).
Memory: 1 GB of RAM.
Graphic Card: ATI or NVidia card with openGL 2.0 support.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768
Recommended: Wacom or compatible graphics tablet
Mac OSX
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5/10.6.
Processor: 2Ghz core 2 duo and above (or compatible).
Memory: 1 GB of RAM.
Graphic Card: ATI or NVidia card with openGL 2.0 support.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768
Recommended: Wacom or compatible graphics tablet
Download
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 21 Jun 2011, 16:55
Thanks for posting! I don't do much sculpting yet but I really do like Sculptris. Glad to see they're still developing it.

-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Post
by Memag » 21 Jun 2011, 17:15
ActionArt wrote:Thanks for posting! I don't do much sculpting yet but I really do like Sculptris. Glad to see they're still developing it.

Sure they do.
After 3dcoat and voxels , Sculptris is the only free sculpting competitor, although with modest tools set.
Dr.Petter is a genius boy, doing all kinds of weird little programs.
He sure fits in the Pixologic mindset and I 'm sure they'll harness his abilities in the next ZBrush versions.
You can check his stuff here.Musagi is real fun!
I wonder how hard is to do subdivisions in ICE, based on neighbor point distance ?
Last edited by Memag on 21 Jun 2011, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Post
by origin » 21 Jun 2011, 18:30
This software had so much potential...wondering how they will fit this tech into fxx up zbrush workflow
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Post
by Memag » 21 Jun 2011, 18:35
I don't think it will change the ZB workflow,
but they will probably use his tessellation methods, ideas and programming knowledge in future ZB releases.
Sculptris is still free, however.
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Post
by Pooby » 21 Jun 2011, 21:34
I always use sculptris for character design. Its the nicest feel of all the sculpting packages I have tried. (mudbox, zbrush, 3d coat, modo)
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Post
by origin » 22 Jun 2011, 17:32
Yep its pretty awesome soft in terms of UI and how brushes work...Anybody tried baking displacement with mesh from Sculptris? xnormals gives bad result
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Post
by SamHowell » 27 Jun 2011, 15:02
Its fast and easy to work with. Sculptris has saved my bacon when no Z-brush licenses are available.
Nothing too tedious or technical about it. You can literally pick it up in 10 minutes.
I love it.