ICE morphing

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

ICE morphing

Post by Pancho » 17 Jun 2011, 08:25

I need to morph one object into another. Both have the same point order and amounts of points. So I thought it would be easy to get the point positions from one and transfer them to the other. But it seems that pluging in the get point positions of object A into the set point positions of object B doesn't work. So I set an array with the point positions but when I try to set them on object B I run into the problem of object/point context.

How would I solve this?

Is it possible to transfer a weight map the same way like transfering the point positions?

With shape keys it might be easier to set it up in ICE, but as I need to blend several morphs just having the objects seperate would be more simple.

In the end I would like to have 4 objects. One on which I can paint the weights for the morph, one object that gets morphed and one or two object which serve as morph targets.

I need the neutral weight paint object which doesn't deform, as painting weights on the deformed object will be impossible as it's so "crumpled" and I won't get into certain areas with the brush.

Cheers
Pancho!

Pooby
Posts: 501
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25

Re: ICE morphing

Post by Pooby » 17 Jun 2011, 08:30

Switch context will allow the attributes of one object to be transferred to an identical one.
see here

http://vimeo.com/24607536

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: ICE morphing

Post by Pancho » 17 Jun 2011, 08:48

Thanks so much!!!

5min from problem to finished interactive blending/modeling ICE tree.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: ICE morphing

Post by Pancho » 17 Jun 2011, 08:53

Just one thing. Is it possible to paint weights in one view, while another view shows the model at the same time in shaded view?

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: ICE morphing

Post by Pancho » 17 Jun 2011, 20:51

Just in case somebody can't figure it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: ICE morphing

Post by Pancho » 17 Jun 2011, 20:54

Simple, but for what I needed to do (interactively blend several meshes) it was top notch.

Each day in SI and Modo I forget LW more and more. If Modo will go nodal in its texturing, then I'll be fine (for now).