ice shapes problems

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
jamination
Posts: 174
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58

ice shapes problems

Post by jamination » 16 Jun 2011, 02:09

I am using shapes in ICE for the 1st time so bear with me. I have created all my shapes in the shape manager then I drag and drop the shapes into an ice tree, from there I linear interpolate between the pointposition, and the point position + the shape positions, all this works fine. I then use a link/with to some controller in the viewport. All of this works fine, but when I close and reopen the file all my link withs are replaced with the arrow expression, and of course nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Phil
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: ice shapes problems

Post by mattmos » 16 Jun 2011, 10:26

Rather than using link withs, bring in the actual controller local posx or y or whatever, and use that along with a mult by scalar node affecting the input of the shape positions. You can use a clamp or rescale node to change exactly the range of the controller that drives the shape.

It has the bonus of getting rid of any fcurves in the AE that you get with link withs.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: ice shapes problems

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 Jun 2011, 11:14

Are you per chance trying to create something along the lines of Jeremie Passerins gShapeCombiner compound, that is included in his gShapeTools?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!