Hull deformation

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Hull deformation

Post by Pancho » 13 Jun 2011, 20:39

I don't get any results which work in a way I'd expect them to work. Is this "feature" broken? I just wanted to come up with a small test. Cylinder deforms high res cylinder, but the high res points are just popping in the wrong direction. Do I miss something?

One ICE tree in the modeling section, one above. That should do, or?

Cheers
Pancho
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Hull deformation

Post by grahamef » 14 Jun 2011, 17:16

You need to use two versions of the low-res geo: one to define the "rest" shape, and one that you manipulate.

http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d28e297337

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Hull deformation

Post by Pancho » 14 Jun 2011, 17:43

Probably I should go back to school and refresh my English. Then I might be able to read properly.

Thanks very much!!!