ice ik/fk snapping

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

ice ik/fk snapping

Post by mattmos » 12 Jun 2011, 12:05

Hi chaps,

I was wondering how I would go about setting up an ik/fk snapping tool - I have a 3 bone arm, blending works fine, but matching ik to fk and vice versa would require a script normally - can it be done just with ice kinematics? DO I have to set up custom attributes somehow?

Any tips gratefully received!

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: ice ik/fk snapping

Post by mattmos » 12 Jun 2011, 13:49

OK I've got a test case working using Static Kinestate properties and activated via a boolean. I was wondering if it was possible to set the boolean to deactivate after use yet leave the arm in place?

Is it possible to add then delete a constraint in ice?