ICE Booleans video

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Memag
Posts: 339
Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
Location: Tits

ICE Booleans video

Post by Memag » 31 May 2011, 11:48

Sorry if it's OT, but I thought these ICE booleans are worthy of your time.
Pretty interesting and inspiring stuff.

Softimage ICE Boolean testing (by La Guardia)


Moderator edit - worthy of its own thread... - HB

willp
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Jul 2009, 17:12

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by willp » 04 Sep 2013, 10:48

did this ever get released or is there a better way to do it now?

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by Bullit » 04 Sep 2013, 11:31

I think it is maybe in Implosia IFX plugin.

BenR
Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by BenR » 04 Sep 2013, 15:23

As I recall, the boolean operations are based on the open-source Carve CSG library. There was a free version of Implosia early on and you might still be able to get it. I also made a custom ICE node based on Carve but I never packaged and released it since Implosia was available. If someone needs it I could dig it up and make it available at some point.

Ben

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by gaboraa » 04 Sep 2013, 15:47

If it will not be a problem for you, I would love to check yours. I am having troubles with the built-in boolean functions. Every time I use booleans I get ugly results far from what I want it to be.

BenR
Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by BenR » 04 Sep 2013, 16:19

Sure, but it will take me some time. Maybe you could try the free version of Implosia first. I believe it is here: https://www.si-community.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1760

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: ICE Booleans video

Post by gaboraa » 05 Sep 2013, 17:47

Thanks I tried it again with no luck. Actually I never get it to work and that's why I ask for your compound. All the shatter tools work but the GigaBoolean compound doesn't work for me ~x(