adding additional rotation to bone

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
jamination
Posts: 174
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58

adding additional rotation to bone

Post by jamination » 26 May 2011, 20:12

Is it possible to have a controller, let's say a finger rotation where I can manual rotate the bone, but can also add to the rotation from another slider or controller as an expression (or whatever), all in the one controller (without parenting). I have a rig (that is complete) that I want to add additional controls to the finger rotations while still being able to manual changes rotation.

thanks
Phil
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: adding additional rotation to bone

Post by Mathaeus » 26 May 2011, 21:41

Yes, you just type something like nullA.kine.local.rotz + nullB.kine.local.rotz , or whatever like this.
I've tried this many times for envelope deformers.
But both should be separate objects, not the target itself. Afaik, XSI won't complain about "this.kine.local.rotz + nullB.kine.local.rotz" , but once expression is active, you'll be unable to add keys.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: adding additional rotation to bone

Post by Pancho » 03 Jun 2011, 18:08

If you do the rig in ICE, it'll be a piece of cake to do this.