UV Messs

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

UV Messs

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 18:32

Hi guys,

Help please!
I noticed that my geometry was not symmetric so I deleted 1 side then I Symmetrized and Merged, then I used gator to transfer my uvs from the old mesh (the none symmetric mesh) and this is what I get :(( :((

Image
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: UV Messs

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 19:20

Please someone!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

Jesse
Posts: 30
Joined: 18 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: UV Messs

Post by Jesse » 20 May 2011, 19:51

UV transfer via gator is unreliable. It does what you see there and often weld or heals points that you didn't want healed. If you are cutting your model in half and re mirroring I would recommend that you duplicate and scale -1 instead of symmetrizing the model to get the 2 sides then merge them and keep the uv's in tact. After that select the mirrored half and flip those UV's in the editor and re heal the center seams as needed.

Clean up the excess clusters and stuff as needed also.

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: UV Messs

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 21:06

Ok Jesse, that makes sense, ill try it, tks for your help!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

User avatar
eternal art
Posts: 93
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:48
Location: UAE - Abu Dhabi

Re: UV Messs

Post by eternal art » 21 May 2011, 07:12

Gator can do the job , just chose (Closest Vertex) In transfer method in the gator operator option .
3D Supervisor - Production House .

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: UV Messs

Post by spurv » 22 May 2011, 00:41

I did that but it doesnt work. i assume that this is something about vertex order, I wonder if ICE in 2012 cant help reorder the vertex.
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

mnoorani
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 16:22

Re: UV Messs

Post by mnoorani » 20 Jun 2011, 13:52

Hmm thats a tough one