Weights Problem

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Weights Problem

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 14:54

Hi guys, im having a problem here, I hope someone can help me.

I modeled a character based on MAX2XSI rig, and i want to use that rig to tranfer the weights to my character with GATOR but im having some kind of problem, try to follow the image.

Image
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

Helli
Posts: 211
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21

Re: Weights Problem

Post by Helli » 20 May 2011, 15:40

What about those controllers/deformers in the 4th image ?

Looks like they are not in there neutral pose ?
You can also try to set the reference pose under the envelope menu. This might help too.

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: Weights Problem

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 16:04

Can I send you my scene? I'm getting crazy with this. Im not a rigger you know... :)
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

User avatar
spurv
Posts: 92
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:28
Skype: patodigital
Location: Portugal

Re: Weights Problem

Post by spurv » 20 May 2011, 18:30

Well... I used Gear to create a new rigg.... tks anyway...

But now.....Im having another problem.... I noticed that my geometry was not symmetric so I deleted 1 side them I Symmetrized and Merged, then I used gator to transfer my uvs from the old mesh (the none symmetric mesh) and this is what I get :(( :((

Image
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

User avatar
kitesflyer
Posts: 23
Joined: 18 Apr 2011, 16:29

Re: Weights Problem

Post by kitesflyer » 26 Jul 2011, 17:53

Hi-
this thing happens most of the times under the circumstances you are transferring the UV through gator. As far as I know gator is good at transferring weights.I saw the other image above did the same thing happen with the other hand too??

sid

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Weights Problem

Post by EricTRocks » 26 Jul 2011, 19:08

spurv wrote:Hi guys, im having a problem here, I hope someone can help me.

I modeled a character based on MAX2XSI rig, and i want to use that rig to tranfer the weights to my character with GATOR but im having some kind of problem, try to follow the image.
The StaticKineState / rest pose for the deformers probably aren't set correctly for some reason.

1. Animate > Envelope > Select Deformers
2. Animate > Envelope > Set Reference Poses

See if that does it.
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken