unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 May 2011, 10:29

(Something completely different to the previous thread in the ICE-forum... :D )
I'm not sure if I'm missing the point here or if this is a bug...
As a struggling NOOB, I use the display property function in the ICE Tree a lot, but when I disconnect a branch with a display property in it, quite often (at least: more than occasionally ;) )
the displayed value(s) of the unconnected branch keep on being displayed in the viewport.

Is this a bug or is this by design, and if its by design could someone please explain to me, why this is so?

SI2012, if that matters...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Chris_TC
Posts: 411
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43

Re: unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Post by Chris_TC » 16 May 2011, 10:57

I've noticed this too and don't remember it from previous versions. It appears to be some sort of display refresh issue.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Post by Hirazi Blue » 16 May 2011, 10:59

Thanks... now I at least know that I'm not imagining it completely... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 17 May 2011, 10:40

I feel there are a few more "update" or refresh issues than in previeous versions. I found for example, that shaderballs also sometimes don´t refresh as expected.

Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
bottleofram
Posts: 355
Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21

Re: unconnected ICE values keep on displaying

Post by bottleofram » 17 May 2011, 15:41

You're not imagining things at all. I noticed this in older versions as well. It always confuses me for a moment. Deleting the node that is setting the value usually helps.