huge fgmap files

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

huge fgmap files

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 11 May 2011, 13:05

Anyone experienced absurdly huge fgmap files when caching fg to disk?

I just tried to render a scene with fg points from disk, and softimage froze, then crashed. I checked and found my fgmap file was over 6Gig in size for 38 HD frames. Settings: expert, 150 samples min 0,01, max 0,5. Scene has about 800 Polys.
I lowered the settings to 150/0,1/1 and now I have about 80 megs per frame for the fgmap file.
Also it seems, that when "append " is active, mr uses only one core!

can anyone confirm this?

Achim

Edit: I just found, that with every frame the fgmap size doubles!
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
Maximus
Posts: 1121
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45

Re: huge fgmap files

Post by Maximus » 12 May 2011, 17:42

my last fgmap was 3.56 gb for a 800.000 polygon scene. there is something wrong indeed.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1380&start=90

Moderator edit:
You linked to a "reply" page, I tried to correct this, am however not sure which page of the thread you meant to point to - HB



@Hirazi, yeah sorry i failed the link, thanks for the fix :)

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: huge fgmap files

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 12 May 2011, 23:07

I talked to support who confirmed this issue and logged it as a bug.


Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...