Glow material with Irradiance particles
-
SreckoM
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
- Skype: srecko.micic
Glow material with Irradiance particles
Is it possible to make object glowing using IP instead of FG?
- H -
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Glow material with Irradiance particles
I think they behave like photons, so this probably isn't possible. Maybe I'm wrong...
-
Saturn
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 10:27
Re: Glow material with Irradiance particles
what do you mean by glowing ?
Using an object to illuminate his surrounding like setting a constant white shader with FG ?
In this case it will not work with IP.
But you can use a geometry area light since 2011. That would be anyway more precise and flicker free.
Using an object to illuminate his surrounding like setting a constant white shader with FG ?
In this case it will not work with IP.
But you can use a geometry area light since 2011. That would be anyway more precise and flicker free.
-
SreckoM
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
- Skype: srecko.micic
Re: Glow material with Irradiance particles
Exactly, but I do not need it as main light, more as 'decoration'.Using an object to illuminate his surrounding like setting a constant white shader with FG ?
I know about object area lights, but I can not get that nice glow around object with area lights. Or at least I didn't try enough...
In this scene I am not concerned about flicker, but anyway good to know, thanks.
- H -
-
Falam
Re: Glow material with Irradiance particles
When you are using FG with a constant material on a object for the light source, the thing I don't like is I can't apply a bump to a constant shader.SreckoM wrote:Exactly, but I do not need it as main light, more as 'decoration'.Using an object to illuminate his surrounding like setting a constant white shader with FG ?
I know about object area lights, but I can not get that nice glow around object with area lights. Or at least I didn't try enough...
In this scene I am not concerned about flicker, but anyway good to know, thanks.