Comments on work in progress
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 27 Apr 2011, 23:22
I've always enjoyed the Absolut campaigns and had some free time so I thought I'd make a twist on the "Absolut Attraction" piece just for fun. This is not an actual ad of course. Here's my first crack at it. Comments welcome
I don't have the right font for the tag at the bottom but it's not a real ad so It'll have to do.

-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Post
by shadow_ex_ » 28 Apr 2011, 02:03
haha very nice

-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 28 Apr 2011, 08:10
Very nice... ;)
As for the font: there seem to be many claims for it to be "Futura Extra Bold Condensed",
which you can download from
here
(but maybe you're using that already, my font-spotting skills are very poor...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 28 Apr 2011, 12:12
Thanks! I was looking for that. I used a Futura but it wasn't quite the right one and I manually condensed it which really isn't the right effect.
I still have to put the seal on the bottle above the name and work on the Martini a bit.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 30 Apr 2011, 19:20
Finally got around to adding the seal and tweaking the materials a bit. It's not perfect but it was just for fun so I probably won't spend much more time on it.
Now, I had a real one around here somewhere, it is Saturday after all...

-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 30 Apr 2011, 20:05
Well, to add to the drama, you could highlight the implied movement of the glass
by presenting its contents in a little bit of a turmoil...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 30 Apr 2011, 20:21
Good idea! Never thought of that. I'll give it a go

-
nas
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 09:15
Post
by nas » 30 Apr 2011, 21:14
Cool concept! I know it's still wip but the liquid in the glass looks like red paint, it doesn't look drinkable. a few refraction/caustics should help.
Nothing's too difficult to achieve, it just takes longer...
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Post
by ActionArt » 06 May 2011, 03:09
Finally had a chance to play with this a bit more. Tried to add some disturbance to the liquid and make it look more drinkable. Let me know what you think
