Just a random tip --- If you want debug C++ using Visual Studio Express, you will need to set the following options in order to be able to use the built-in debugger:
For attaching to a running Softimage
* Change "Attach to"-Option from "Automatic: Managed" to "Native"
For running from Visual Studio with Softimage as the start command option:
* Set debugger type to "native only"
(Not recommended --- Startup can take hours . . . literally)
-ray
C++ debugging tip
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
C++ debugging tip
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
CiaranM
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:37
- Location: London
Re: C++ debugging tip
Thanks for the tips!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: C++ debugging tip
I can't debug stuff at home...
v studio 2008/2010/2011 @ home: when I go to attach to process, It says 'Managed (some numbers), x64' next to softimage process, and debugging crashes SI
vstudio @ work: it says 'x64' next to softimage process and I can debug, set breakpoints etc
Anybody got a clue why & how to fix this? :/
v studio 2008/2010/2011 @ home: when I go to attach to process, It says 'Managed (some numbers), x64' next to softimage process, and debugging crashes SI
vstudio @ work: it says 'x64' next to softimage process and I can debug, set breakpoints etc
Anybody got a clue why & how to fix this? :/