Ok, several years had passed since ICE got into XSI and until little time ago I've been sniffing but nothing more. Recently I've decided to plunge into it but so far it's not working as it seems that I just can't figure how to think ICE and given the fact that I have some programming background it's even more depressing.
I did this http://vimeo.com/14580745 tutorial (among others) and decided to go with it a little further. No luck.
What I want to achieve is this:
after generating some particles based on a single image, I want to make their size go from 0 to a given value from left to right or vice-versa in say a few hundreds frames.
I know it would be easy to achieve this with a sequence of images but I wonder if it's possible to do it with just one. After all, we want the most elegant solution possible and in this case using ICE could be the one.
Thanks.
Getting into ICE
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Getting into ICE
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Getting into ICE
There are many ways to do this. In this example I'm just animating its size with factory compound, driven by external value - time in state. State changing by testing if point is in volume (animated cube from left to right)
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Getting into ICE
I've solved the problem using a "point in volume" and a "if" condition. "point in volume" was the node that I wasn't aware of it seems.
Oh well, one thing learned one million to go.
Thanks.
Oh well, one thing learned one million to go.
Thanks.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides