Hi Guys,
maybe this is a really stupid question, but i'm a total noob to ice.
I want to drive the alpha of the particle.
I got it to work using the modify particle color: i'm using the "age limit" do drive the start of the fading effect.
In the openGL, it works as expected; but i'm struggling to render it.
What is the render tree set up, to get the color attribute to drive correctly both color and transparency of each particle?
I want to render with a phong node, avoiding the "particle volume render".
I tried to "pick" the alpha channel and put in the transparency node, but all turned green...
I'm stuck at a stupid thing, i know... but please help me!
Rendering color and alpha particles...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Rendering color and alpha particles...
Not sure, but: Plug the "Attribute_Color" (RGBA, plugged together in the ICE tree) shader (also) in the Transparency port of your Phong shader and make sure to check the "Use Alpha" checkbox in the Transparency settings. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: Rendering color and alpha particles...
Thx for the reply.Hirazi Blue wrote:Not sure, but: Plug the "Attribute_Color" (RGBA, plugged together in the ICE tree) shader (also) in the Transparency port of your Phong shader and make sure to check the "Use Alpha" checkbox in the Transparency settings. ;)
That doesn't work when the particle type is set to "point"....
-
nautilus
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 21:32
Re: Rendering color and alpha particles...
did you try the "rpc"-addon (render point cloud)?
just a thought
just a thought