Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by Caveman » 24 Mar 2011, 14:13

Hi! Nodes > Share > Color is missing. Is it placed somewhere else? I need that so that I can put that in the Environment as a solid color. If there are some other ways to have a solid background please share :D .

Thanks

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by caledonian_tartan » 24 Mar 2011, 14:27

by default i have a "Color4_Passthrough" node over there...
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by Caveman » 24 Mar 2011, 15:40

caledonian_tartan wrote:by default i have a "Color4_Passthrough" node over there...
Hey thanks for replying. The "Color4_Passthrough" turns black when I use the photographic exposure as a lens shader. Wonder why?

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by caledonian_tartan » 25 Mar 2011, 09:21

you cannot use it like that. the color passthrough is ment to be used in conjunction with the store in channel.
if you want a solid colored bg, there are several solutions. one is to plug a color switch or color matte or color basic into the passes environment.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by origin » 25 Mar 2011, 19:06

Because everything is tonemapped. I think there is no option like 'Don't affect background' (like in vray, or 3ds max...)

Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by Caveman » 26 Mar 2011, 16:49

The Color Basic and Color Switch is what I need. They work nice with Tone Mapping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

Re: Missing Rendertree Nodes???

Post by Caveman » 26 Mar 2011, 16:57

origin wrote:Because everything is tonemapped. I think there is no option like 'Don't affect background' (like in vray, or 3ds max...)
Yes! I think I will have to find a workaround for that "Don't affect background" while tone mapping. Right now solid background color query is solved. :D