Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible to re-assign mouse button functions in XSI, based on active window.
It's a small thing, but I was hoping to re-assign a middle click+drag to Pan around for tree views (Schematic, Render Tree, FXTree, & ICE Tree)
I have no clue where to start.. Any ideas?
(also eventually looking for a way to have the ` key mapped to clear+set cursor into the filter by name box for nodes)
Active window based mouse mapping
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Active window based mouse mapping
I'm not sure, but I don't think you're able to remap the mouse buttons in that way.
As to you second question: you can easily create a script command that does what you want and then you use a shortcut key to start that custom script command.
;)
As to you second question: you can easily create a script command that does what you want and then you use a shortcut key to start that custom script command.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Active window based mouse mapping
Agreed, probably not possible within Softimage - an option might be autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/).
Takes some time to get used to, but very much worth the effort - I'm using it all the time for things like closing windows by mid-clicking the title bar, using the mouse wheel to scroll whatever is under the mouse (without having to activate it first)
Takes some time to get used to, but very much worth the effort - I'm using it all the time for things like closing windows by mid-clicking the title bar, using the mouse wheel to scroll whatever is under the mouse (without having to activate it first)
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026