Some hope for a fluid shader!

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Some hope for a fluid shader!

Post by ActionArt » 15 Mar 2011, 14:39

Holger Schoenberger from Binary Alchemy has been posting tests on the mailing list that really look promising. It's an alpha version of a real fluid shader with the goal to produce something like Fume for SI. I think it looks like a great start and I would love to see this when it's done!

http://www.BinaryAlchemy.de/ftp_file/ba ... File_B.mov
http://www.BinaryAlchemy.de/ftp_file/ba ... FileA_.mov

Moderator edit: please use the URL tags - HB

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: Some hope for a fluid shader!

Post by Nizar » 17 Mar 2011, 22:55

Really nice :)
it is an open source project?
Moderator edit: please use the URL tags - HB
We all hate URL Tags :D

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Some hope for a fluid shader!

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 Mar 2011, 07:35

Nizar wrote:We all hate URL Tags :D
I don't really care %-( : without URL Tags the links simply won't work...
Consider it a courtesy that I keep on reminding people ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Some hope for a fluid shader!

Post by ActionArt » 18 Mar 2011, 12:40

I don't think it's an open source project.

I don't hate URL tags as such, it's more a sign of old age. I just plain forget, so it is a good thing Hirazi reminds me :-s