Hey all.. I can't seem to figure out how to install SI2011 on FC14. I'm new to linux is there anyway someone could give me a howto please? when i install SI it says that it didn't complete successfully and when I open xsi it says "error: there is no interactive license to run autodesk softimage 2011" any ideas?
Thanks!
linux fedora 14 and SI 2011
-
steven07
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
- Skype: stevenpalomino
- Location: Kansas City
-
knekke
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 07:59
- Location: Sweden
Re: linux fedora 14 and SI 2011
Hi,
to get rid of the install errors you have to disable SELinux:
nano /etc/selinux/config
->disabled
I think there is no trial-version for linux, so you have to either install a licence-server on your machine (given you have a licence), or connect to a licence-server which you can add during install or by modifying /usr/Softimage/Softimage_<version>/.xsi_<version>
cheers
to get rid of the install errors you have to disable SELinux:
nano /etc/selinux/config
->disabled
I think there is no trial-version for linux, so you have to either install a licence-server on your machine (given you have a licence), or connect to a licence-server which you can add during install or by modifying /usr/Softimage/Softimage_<version>/.xsi_<version>
cheers
-
steven07
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
- Skype: stevenpalomino
- Location: Kansas City
Re: linux fedora 14 and SI 2011
I have a student license. That should still count right?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: linux fedora 14 and SI 2011
Those 3-year Student licenses are standalone licenses, and Linux Softimage is network-license only.