Looks impressive...
Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Interesting development on the Maya front: Joe Alter Inc. presents a beta version of its new tool "Lipservice with LBrush" for Maya, which boasts to be "a powerful multi-resolution subdivision surface sculpting, rigging and animation system built into a Maya plugin". More info can be found here.
Looks impressive...
Looks impressive...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
curly
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 06 Oct 2010, 06:43
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Then delete this post
Last edited by curly on 15 Mar 2011, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Yes, but what I found most interesting about this product was the LBrush part. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Lbrush is interesting, I hate leave an app and jump to other software (with all import/export issue). But if you had zbrush, and have Goz (like maya) this plug in can be a waste of time (and money)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
You're obviously right. But I like what Joe Alter Inc. tries to do here, as it extends the functionality of the package (i.e. Maya), not by adding an external software to the pipeline, but by getting things done within Maya.
As I don't own either Maya nor ZBrush/Mudbox the discussion is obviously purely academic from my own perspective, as I'm not able to test it and compare its strengths and weaknesses, but I wouldn't really mind, if Joe Alter were to wake up some day with the crazy idea to port this "little" plugin to Softimage also... (but that probably will never happen)

As I don't own either Maya nor ZBrush/Mudbox the discussion is obviously purely academic from my own perspective, as I'm not able to test it and compare its strengths and weaknesses, but I wouldn't really mind, if Joe Alter were to wake up some day with the crazy idea to port this "little" plugin to Softimage also... (but that probably will never happen)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Blender has a sculpt module integrated, a paint 3d similar to zbrush and modo (can be considered better, because blender paint has layer like bodypaint). But integrated sculpt in blender cannot manage the some enormous polygons amount of zbrush (but blender is 64bit software, so can doing a good job if you have many ram) and brush are not so precise like zbrush. I think Blender is the first all around (modelling, sculpt, paint, uvlayout, animation, render and composite) out there, give a try, you know, it is free and not so complicated like someone say (so you can test sculpt). But no one use it in professional production... blender is nice but specialist dedicated software are too better, so I'm sceptical about this type of plugin, nice but no one, I think will use it in professional works.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
You're obviously right again, Blender is a magnificent beast and from what I hear/read it is really getting better and better. But ever time I tried Blender in the past I just couldn't get into it. I am just too deeply embedded in Softimage, I guess. As an external sculpting application I could always fall back on 3DCoat, but I use that application only for my texturing needs, its voxel sculpting power never really appealed to me.
The idea of a well-integrated plugin would be IMHO to create something you can use within the normal workflow of your main application, not placing the burden of yet another workflow of an external software to get used to. This might well be wishful thinking, I hasten to add...
But maybe I'm just getting old...
The idea of a well-integrated plugin would be IMHO to create something you can use within the normal workflow of your main application, not placing the burden of yet another workflow of an external software to get used to. This might well be wishful thinking, I hasten to add...
But maybe I'm just getting old...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Maya plugin: "Lipservice with LBrush" beta
Agree, blender is out of standard, but what is standard? Maya is the standard, so, like blender, Si is out standard
Give a try, now it is more intuitive and can deep customize interface and shourtcut, oh, and in 2.58 release (about 3 months) will be finally integrated ngon and bmesh.
I have a bit of experience in blende and, like you say, I can confirm have all in a single software is fast and comfortable (when I switch from an app to other my fingers and my neurons twist each other
Give a try, now it is more intuitive and can deep customize interface and shourtcut, oh, and in 2.58 release (about 3 months) will be finally integrated ngon and bmesh.
I have a bit of experience in blende and, like you say, I can confirm have all in a single software is fast and comfortable (when I switch from an app to other my fingers and my neurons twist each other