Network license transfer

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Network license transfer

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Mar 2011, 16:29

As I am using a Softimage network license on a currently offline computer (yes, it's weird 8-} ) and I am planning to buy myself a new computer within the next couple of months, I was wondering the following:

Is it possible to transfer this network license to a new computer easily and painlessly? And if so, how?

Or is it a better idea (more hassle-free) to wait with installing Softimage 2012 until I get my new computer?

I have looked at some info at the Autodesk website, but couldn't find a definitive answer. Transfering Standalone licenses seems easy. But that's sadly not what I am looking for...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Network license transfer

Post by xsisupport » 10 Mar 2011, 17:40

You'll need to get a new network license.
Either contact the Business Center, or try register.autodesk.com.

If register.autodesk.com says you've exceeded your number of activations, then you have to contact the Business Center, and they'll push through a license tranfer request for you.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Network license transfer

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Mar 2011, 19:20

Okay, sounds simple enough!
Thanks... :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!