Hey,
I'm going to make a compound, and I want to access the same point from another mesh. The mesh's topology is identical, but the second mesh is modified (shape target). So basically, if I am working with point 1 from meshA, I want to access point 1 on meshB.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance!
Szabolcs
Getting point positions from other meshes?
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
The Switch Context node is designed to do exactly that.
-
j3st3r
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
Thanks!
I tried it but it looks like that it doesn't help me too much. I want to get an average of the neighboring point positions of the same point of the other mesh...It looks like that when I switch context, the values are totally different. Checked with the show value before and after the Switch Context node...
I'll keep trying....
I tried it but it looks like that it doesn't help me too much. I want to get an average of the neighboring point positions of the same point of the other mesh...It looks like that when I switch context, the values are totally different. Checked with the show value before and after the Switch Context node...
I'll keep trying....
-
nakhato
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 14:22
- Skype: nakhato@hotmail.com
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
Hi there maybe this will help you
http://vimeo.com/11079196
Moderator edit: please use the URL tags - HB
http://vimeo.com/11079196
Moderator edit: please use the URL tags - HB
-
j3st3r
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
Thanks, I checked, but when I try to use the self.ID, the node turns red and the message is that attribut ID is not initialized on blabla...
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
Maybe this will help? Basically, PItL references every point of 'shape' mesh to current mesh, so you have Location on Shape mesh per point of original mesh, therefore you can pull out every data from shape mesh, like point position or point neighbours location.
Ive multiplied it by kine.global matrix in case of shape mesh have been translated.
Ive multiplied it by kine.global matrix in case of shape mesh have been translated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
j3st3r
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
Thanks you helped me a lot!
Next question, how can I get the current point positions? I mean, the one that is deformed by ICE tree...
I made a tree, that smooth a mesh in a special way, interactively, but I need to reuse the actual positions, not the original ones...any idea?
Next question, how can I get the current point positions? I mean, the one that is deformed by ICE tree...
I made a tree, that smooth a mesh in a special way, interactively, but I need to reuse the actual positions, not the original ones...any idea?
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Getting point positions from other meshes?
I'm not sure what you're after, maybe screenshot would help. You can get modified positions after you Set point position. Or you can store your modifications in custom array (set data) and set points pos. on very end.