Sorry for my poor english...
When I duplicate a mesh, automatically, the two (or more) mesh become a single object, but I want give different parent and child to every different mesh. How can I separate and assign different parent/child?
thanks in advance
separate object
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: separate object
I'm not quite sure if this is what you want but if you middle mouse click on a parent object (select branch) it will select the parent and children, and then hit duplicate, it will duplicate the parent and children in the same hierarchy.
If you want to separate a single object into others, you can select the polygons you want separated and use "extract polygons - delete" to turn those polygons into a separate object.
If you want to separate a single object into others, you can select the polygons you want separated and use "extract polygons - delete" to turn those polygons into a separate object.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: separate object
Thanks ActionArt, I need exactly this:
I don't find this info in F1 guide (probably I searching the wrong words)
and if I want merge two object in a single object?If you want to separate a single object into others, you can select the polygons you want separated and use "extract polygons - delete" to turn those polygons into a separate object.
I don't find this info in F1 guide (probably I searching the wrong words)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: separate object
Merge or Blend under the "Modeling > Create > Poly. Mesh"?
(But maybe I misunderstood your question. If so, please explain...) ;)
(But maybe I misunderstood your question. If so, please explain...) ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: separate object
You can also select the objects you want then press "Alt+Right Mouse Click" and it will pop up a quick menu of multiple choices - Merge is near the bottom of the list.
Also, in regards to your first question, if you use the "Extract Polygons - Keep" instead of the "Extract Polygons - Delete," which was mentioned above, you should "FreezeM or Freeze" the newly extracted polygons. Otherwise some changes made to the master mesh will propegate over to the new polygons. I.E. If you would then delete the master mesh the extracted polygons will also be deleted.
-The above is only if you want to extract/duplicate parts of an existing mesh. If you want to dupilcate the whole mesh just press Ctrl+D, while not being in a sub-mode, and that should do it while keeping them seperate unless you have them parented to something else...in that case you can press "8" and that will bring up the Explorer. Make sure you are in the Scene Root layout and you can then go into the models/hierarchies and drag and move objects within there, which will breakup the parenting.
Also, in regards to your first question, if you use the "Extract Polygons - Keep" instead of the "Extract Polygons - Delete," which was mentioned above, you should "FreezeM or Freeze" the newly extracted polygons. Otherwise some changes made to the master mesh will propegate over to the new polygons. I.E. If you would then delete the master mesh the extracted polygons will also be deleted.
-The above is only if you want to extract/duplicate parts of an existing mesh. If you want to dupilcate the whole mesh just press Ctrl+D, while not being in a sub-mode, and that should do it while keeping them seperate unless you have them parented to something else...in that case you can press "8" and that will bring up the Explorer. Make sure you are in the Scene Root layout and you can then go into the models/hierarchies and drag and move objects within there, which will breakup the parenting.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames