misss_physical BUG

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

misss_physical BUG

Post by Caveman » 16 Feb 2011, 08:11

Hi! I am Caveman and I love Softimage. This is my first post in this forum and I hope to get some support from veteran Softimage users. Thanks.

Of to the topic now. Since the misss_physical_Phen and the misss_physical in Softimage 2011.5 and 2011, were buggy and I was getting this ugly result (Image with a glass) I had to resort to Physical_sss_mod from rray.de.

Now, I am not sure if Physical_sss_mod is causing this error but whenever I use the misss_fast shader I get this error

"' WARNING : 3000 - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack\Application\phenolib\mi\subsurface.mi: Missing parameter or type mismatch applying 'Connection "lm_sample::diffuse_curve" = interface "a.diffuse_curve"'. Ignoring connection."

Accept for the error the fast shader is working properly. I would like to know if this is the correct way to setup the fast shader. I have attached the screenshot of the Rendertree setup.

Hope someone sees the post

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: misss_physical BUG

Post by rray » 16 Feb 2011, 18:06

Can't reproduce here - does the warning still appear with the subsurface_2010 dll deleted?
Might be one of the cases where runonce.bat (see this link) could help.
I hope for an update of these shaders... the "fast" shaders sometimes have errors too (black spots) with raytracing mode.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

Caveman
Posts: 211
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38

Re: misss_physical BUG

Post by Caveman » 17 Feb 2011, 04:42

rray wrote:Can't reproduce here - does the warning still appear with the subsurface_2010 dll deleted?
Might be one of the cases where runonce.bat (see this link) could help.
I hope for an update of these shaders... the "fast" shaders sometimes have errors too (black spots) with raytracing mode.
Hi! Thanks for replying. I have found that the error is shown only in that scene. I created another fast shader in a different scene and there was no error.