Hello
I have some character animation upon which I would like to add some secondary animation using a simulated ICE tree. The only trouble with this is that as soon as I apply the simulated ICE tree the original mesh deform animation stops working.
Is it possible to have a simulated ICE tree on a deforming mesh? It Seems like it should be quite easy but for the life of me I can't get it to work.
Any tips would be a great help.
Thanks
Sam
Simulated ICE tree on an already deforming mesh.
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Simulated ICE tree on an already deforming mesh.
Anything below the Simulation region is evaluated just once, to define the initial state of the simulation.
"By default, the initial state of a simulation is the result of the regions below the Simulation region on the first frame that the simulation environment is active. While the simulation is active, the lower regions are not re-evaluated. "
"By default, the initial state of a simulation is the result of the regions below the Simulation region on the first frame that the simulation environment is active. While the simulation is active, the lower regions are not re-evaluated. "
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: Simulated ICE tree on an already deforming mesh.
Use 2 identical meshes. One to pass the deformation across to the sim
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Simulated ICE tree on an already deforming mesh.
OK, thanks for the tips.
So I need an identical second mesh with an extra sim for deforming the mesh according to the original.
Time for a mooch around the nodes.....
So I need an identical second mesh with an extra sim for deforming the mesh according to the original.
Time for a mooch around the nodes.....