Hello
Is it possible to generate a weightmap trail from the intersection of two mesh objects?
The Advanced Proximity Map compound does this but it updates every frame. I am hoping to find a way of having a weightmap build up over time as two objects move through each other.
I hope this makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sam
Weight Map Trail?
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Weight Map Trail?
Permanent trail? Or do you want it to gradually die off? Either way, you'll need to use a simulated tree so that you can use values set by the previous frame.
For a gradual die-off, get the weight values, multiply by a value between 0 and 1 depending on how fast you want the effect to subside, then add a value for this frame.
For a permanent trail, just keep adding to the weight values. You'll eventually hit the weight map's max and it will be clamped.
For a gradual die-off, get the weight values, multiply by a value between 0 and 1 depending on how fast you want the effect to subside, then add a value for this frame.
For a permanent trail, just keep adding to the weight values. You'll eventually hit the weight map's max and it will be clamped.
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Weight Map Trail?
Thanks for the tips.
I was hoping for a permamemt trail.
So I need to add weight values per frame on a simulated cloud? I thought I was already doing that, I shall have to take another look...
I was hoping for a permamemt trail.
So I need to add weight values per frame on a simulated cloud? I thought I was already doing that, I shall have to take another look...
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Weight Map Trail?
Is a Get Data At Previous Frame node a good way to go with this?For a permanent trail, just keep adding to the weight values. You'll eventually hit the weight map's max and it will be clamped.
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Weight Map Trail?
Oh, I've got it. Use .AddWeight in the set data.
At last. Thanks for your help.
At last. Thanks for your help.