resuming an icecached simulation

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
druitre
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35

resuming an icecached simulation

Post by druitre » 09 Feb 2011, 21:59

Hello,

does anyone now if it's possible to pick up a simulation you've cached from the last simulated (= cached) frame and continue from there?

(for example, I've cached a liquid sim from frame 0 to frame 999 with simulation>cache on file and would like to continue the sim for another 1000 frames without having to re-sim the first 1000 frames all over again)

So far I've tried the cache manager (lock playback, set it to 'interactive' mode), didn't work. And setting an initial state from read cache and then continue sim, which doesn't work either.

thanks, Jasper

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: resuming an icecached simulation

Post by ActionArt » 11 Feb 2011, 16:18

Sorry for the slow response but I think if you use the icecache in the "environment" section, enable cache but disable "lock cache" it will only re-simulate the frames it doesn't have.

I'm not sure if it works for the cache ice node.