Hello there!
I might be asking the dumbest question - i dont know, because i dont think there is a solution about this, so im taking the risk.
is there a way, after you unwrap your model, all the pieces to me automaticaly arranged in the UV space, whitout any change in scale... ?
I uwrapped the model, i have like 30 pieces of my model and now i manualy arrange them in the UV cube... this is insane!
Is there a way in XSi (i dont know a way to arrange them) or is there a plug in or something ?
Thank you!
Arrange UV islands ?
-
Zafar Iqbal
- Moderator
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Arrange UV islands ?
Take a look at this topic http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php? ... #msg271889
It contains some useful infos about this issue
It contains some useful infos about this issue
-
Zafar Iqbal
- Moderator
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04
Re: Arrange UV islands ?
That sounds interesting - must give it a try very soon. Thanks for sharing.
- Zafar Iqbal
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Arrange UV islands ?
Its too bad SI doesn't have something like this built in - also the UV Editor features are not exposed in the SDK as far as I know making things not much easier.
I am lucky to own 3D Coat which has a Auto UV Scale and packing function, so I use that as long as SI doesn't have this
I am lucky to own 3D Coat which has a Auto UV Scale and packing function, so I use that as long as SI doesn't have this
-
pimeto
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 28 Feb 2010, 23:01
Re: Arrange UV islands ?
Thanks for the reply's!
The thread Gaboraa linked is from 2009 ?! Are those UV props are still unavailable in XSi 2011 ?
I dont know, we really need this thing! Its pain to manipulate a lot of stuff...
The thread Gaboraa linked is from 2009 ?! Are those UV props are still unavailable in XSi 2011 ?
I dont know, we really need this thing! Its pain to manipulate a lot of stuff...
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Arrange UV islands ?
Here is a video about the process
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7e6mylJPxk
I don't have much time to do a test with more complex objects but I am sure it can be used with complex meshes as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7e6mylJPxk
I don't have much time to do a test with more complex objects but I am sure it can be used with complex meshes as well