Hello guys, i have a fairly simple thing i would like to do with ICE.
I need a particle emission overtime on a surface. The idea is to have a liquid spread linear and evenly on a surface.
Like something that goes on fire gradually.
I've tried using the weigt map filtering emission, wich is cool, but my problem is i have no idea how to animate the weight map.
I want the emission to start from a small corner of the object then grow making the entire surface object emitting particles.
Its more or less the same effect you get when you play with the weight map brush radius, when you increase it suddenly grows and get all the points on the mesh.
I'd like this kind of effect related to the particles emission, so back on topic i can make a liquid gradually spread on the surface.
Can anyone point me out for a basic setup?
thanks!!
Growing particle emission effect
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Growing particle emission effect
For animating weight maps the lmWeightMapTools probably are your best bet.
But you'll probably want the x64 version available here
;)
But you'll probably want the x64 version available here
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Growing particle emission effect
For simple shapes, you can try factory 'modulate bu null' node - you just animate null's SRT. Shape of null's icon (sphere, cube, so on ) is important too.Maximus wrote:Hello guys, i have a fairly simple thing i would like to do with ICE.
I've tried using the weigt map filtering emission, wich is cool, but my problem is i have no idea how to animate the weight map.
thanks!!
For more complex shapes, there are a few 'proximity map' compounds for downloading - then you can use meshes and nurbs... Or, just factory 'modulate by volume'. Let's say, if you want animated 'trail', it's enough to use cylinder and deform it by curve.
From mu knowledge, ICE setups of this kind are several times faster than LM Weightmap Tools, with a lot more options.
I'll add a bit better explanation this evening, if you wish...
Cheers
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Growing particle emission effect
Hmmm thanks for the replies guys!
Mathaeus thanks for the suggestion, the use of mesh and nurbs deformed along curves is intriguing!
I guess that gonna work! thanks again!
Mathaeus thanks for the suggestion, the use of mesh and nurbs deformed along curves is intriguing!
I guess that gonna work! thanks again!