It hardly ever comes up, but this community lacks a "Face Robot" forum.
And as it hardly ever comes up, it won't probably get one anytime soon.
But this creates the question: where should one post Face Robot related questions?
Does Face Robot belong more under "Animation" or more under "Rigging"?
Where's the Face Robot?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Where's the Face Robot?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
shadow_ex_
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 13:18
Re: Where's the Face Robot?
facerobot does both,but i;d say rigging
because most of the problems someone might have,are actually on the rigging side (envelopes clusters etc...)
because most of the problems someone might have,are actually on the rigging side (envelopes clusters etc...)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Where's the Face Robot?
Okay, thanks for all the votes.
I think my own initial interpretation of the place of Face Robot
in our little community turns out to be more or less correct.
In the future I'll (more confidently) redirect Face Robot related issues to our Rigging forum.
Another mystery solved...
I think my own initial interpretation of the place of Face Robot
in our little community turns out to be more or less correct.
In the future I'll (more confidently) redirect Face Robot related issues to our Rigging forum.
Another mystery solved...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Where's the Face Robot?
Is it easier to redirect all Face Robot threds into the rigging section and hope people actually look in the rigging area to see Face Robot related topics, or would it be easier to just make a Face Robot section and let people post there to begin with? I vote for a Face Robot section since it does do more than just rigging. Otherwise, why have a dedicated ICE section, instead of just putting all ICE related topics into the simulation area?
If it is more difficult to make a seperate area, then put it where you think is best, but having a seperate section, I feel is the way to go - it will also bring more awareness to Face Robot in general.
If it is more difficult to make a seperate area, then put it where you think is best, but having a seperate section, I feel is the way to go - it will also bring more awareness to Face Robot in general.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Where's the Face Robot?
Well, it obviously would be easiest, if there were a dedicated Face Robot forum. But ATM I do not see very much activity surrounding Face Robot on this community to really warrant the creation of such a separate forum.
Luckily, this is not a decision I have to make, as major changes in the makeup of this community are owei's call.
Looking at the categories on the front page, I get the impression, we already have got enough forums, some of which are hardly ever used, which I foresee for a dedicated Face Robot forum as well...
Maybe a name-change for the Rigging forum (to explicitly include Face Robot) would be enough for starters?

Luckily, this is not a decision I have to make, as major changes in the makeup of this community are owei's call.
Looking at the categories on the front page, I get the impression, we already have got enough forums, some of which are hardly ever used, which I foresee for a dedicated Face Robot forum as well...
Maybe a name-change for the Rigging forum (to explicitly include Face Robot) would be enough for starters?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Where's the Face Robot?
That would work.
i.e. Rigging/Face Robot?
i.e. Rigging/Face Robot?
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15