“Principles of Digital Image Synthesis” now free

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

“Principles of Digital Image Synthesis” now free

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Jan 2011, 18:55

This might be interesting to some of you (I hope):
Andrew Glassner released his two-volume book “Principles of Digital Image Synthesis” to be free for download from Google Books.
The download links can be found on this page
The book was originally published in 1995 but that shouldn't spoil the fun... :D

The "blurb":
This is a two-volume book on the basic ideas behind using a computer to create realistic, synthetic images of 3D scenes. The book is constructed upon three basic fields of knowledge, which I believe form the basis for all modern forms of digital image synthesis: the human visual system, signal processing, and energy transport. Although these fields are inter-related, I emphasize each of these topics in its own part, or set of chapters. They all come together in the fourth part of the book where I discuss rendering systems in the large.
Quoted from the Author's website
;)

edit: calling it "free" is somewhat of a confusing term, as it has actually been released under a Creative Commons license: the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported Creative Commons License to be exact...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!